Saturday, September 11, 2010

Worlds Largest Chocolate Bar

Yowza! I'd like to take a few bits out of that thing! I'd like to think that would be enough chocolate to last me a life time but I know better. I love chocolate. And for me, the darker the better. I'm talking 85% cocoa. That's pretty bitter. Most people think I'm crazy for liking it that way but I've liked dark chocolate since I was a little kid.

And I like GOOD quality chocolate. Many of the mass produced chocolates here in the US are not much on quality, quantity, yeah sure, but not so much on quality. Even the Cadbury's produced here the US is not up to par with that of Canada or the UK. Could be something to do with Hershey's owning Cadbury here.

I find a small quantity of quality chocolate goes a lot further than a large amount of, well, crap chocolate. I suppose that's the case for many other things... wine, cheese, vodka, beef, all the good stuff. I would prefer to trade off large masses of crap for small bits of quality. I suppose somewhere along the way America has gone awry and favored the mass of crap over savoring the quality.... I suppose this can translate so many ways into today's American culture that I could find myself in trouble so I shall stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment