Wednesday, June 15, 2011

YES! It Is Worth It To Treat Yourself!


I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a glorious night at The Fairmont San Francisco recently. My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and wanted something very special, and we also needed a true get away. Being a travel agent has its perks and I was able to book a room at The Fairmont for a very reasonable price. I've always wanted to stay at this grand, world-famous hotel, and this was my chance.

We arrived on a Friday evening and were treated like royalty from the beginning. We were offered a triple room upgrade at check in which we happily accepted. We were also given an anniversary card and staff throughout the hotel somehow knew we were celebrating an anniversary and wished us well. I felt very at home in this historical hotel. I won't go into the minute details of the entire stay, but our room was very cushy and the bathroom was huge with marble everywhere and a separate shower and tub. The bed was very comfy. We enjoyed having cocktails in the recently opened Laurel Court and it is a fabulous place for people watching. We also enjoyed a shared giant cocktail downstairs in the Tonga Room. There are a few restaurants and bars within a few walks distance, and both Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf are just a few blocks away.

While we were here only one night, the hotel (the history and personality of this great building) and the staff, impressed me so much that I cannot wait to go back. While I know this hotel may be out of the budget of some, it is WELL WORTH any price paid for the service you receive. Next time you need to treat yourself and be pampered, the San Francisco Fairmont won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment