Wednesday, October 27, 2010

People will always lift you up


I don't know how many times I need to learn this lesson over but I always find it to be true. Tonight I wanted to attend the Tri-Chamber of Commerce mixer and I was so exhausted after a long day (and already long week) but I told myself that it's a wonderful opportunity for networking. Networking, for me, is an opportunity to not just meet new people (who may also be new clients) but also to enhance relationships I already have with people. And I like the socializing too. But tonight I was just exhausted. I just wanted to go home, strip off the biz clothes and shoes, and put my feet up. I did not go home and I went to the mixer. It was a crowded one and at first I wanted to turn around and go home. I didn't. I went in and after a couple sips of some wine, I started mingling and chatting and introducing. I fell right into the routine and started enjoying seeing people and hearing what had been going on with them. A few friend were there I could hang with. I realized I was enjoying myself. It never fails that to be around wonderful like-minded people always invigorates and energizes me. I just need to remember that each time I feel not quite up to attend a business function to think of the osmotic energy at the event will help me rise to the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment